The best weights to buy for weight training
Having decided whether to go for dumbbells or kettlebells, here are some of the best products to buy. [If you don’t know which type of weight to get, read this article first, then return here to decide on which weights to get.
Recommended Fixed Dumbbells
Recommended Standard Adjustable Weights
To buy the York Fitness Cast Iron Dumbbell Set
Includes bar - Standard adjustable with bar connector
The following two sets include a clever joining strip which combines the two hand dumbbell bars into a longer bar. This classic cast iron set:
- The dumbbell set includes two handles, four 0.5kg plates, four 1.25kg plates, four 2.5kg plates, 4 collars, and a extended bar.
- Strictly selected materials, free of phthalate and lead.
Unique rubber O-ring anti-loose design
- Free connection steel tube to change dumbbell to barbell.
Give you more functions to build up muscle. With the steel connection tube, you can add more weight plates from 4kg to 33kg (includes bar weight)
- Ergonomic designed knurled handle grip makes your hands more comfortable.
- 143mm wide hand grip part give more room for your hand to grip, making it easier to lift without bumping your wrists for doing certain exercises.
- Alternatively, a good value option is from DTX
Buy the PROIRON 20kg Cast Iron Adjustable Dumbbell Set
- Multi Function Bar With Central Connector –
- Can Be Used as 1 Straight Bar or 2 Dumbbells
- Spinlock Collars for Easy Adding/Removal of Weight Plates
- Suitable for a Full Range of Exercises Vinyl Coated Weights Protects Floors from Marks
- NOTE: Total Weight Includes Bars & Collars Set Includes:
- 2 x 50cm Dumbbell Bars
- 1 x 10cm Bar Joiner (joins dumbbells to make 1 long bar)
- 4 x 1kg Weight Plates, 4x 1.5kg Weight Plates
- 4 x 2kg Weight Plates
- 4 x 2.5kg Weight Plates
- 4 x Spinlock Collars
Buy the DTX Fitness 30Kg Adjustable Weight Lifting Dumbbell Barbell Bar & Weights Set
Recommended Standard Kettlebells
Buy the Kettlebell Adjustable Weight
Adjustable Selectorised Kettlebells
They’re not cheap but, if you can afford it, Bodymax Selectabell Dumbbells are a great time-saver compared to the normal weights you add to a dumbbell bar.
With standard weights, you have to unscrew the nut, slide weights on or off the bar, screw the nut and then do the same on the other side. With these, you just dial the desired weight and lift the dumbbell.
The angular design makes it more stable and should make them suitable as push-up handles.
- 10 different weights in one dumbbell
- Change weights at the click of a dial
- Select from 2.5kg up to 25kg in increments of 2.5kg
- The UK’s best selling adjustable dumbbell
Buy the Bodymax 25Kg Selectabell Dumbbells